Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2012

Adapted Salmon Bread Tarts

Recently A New Addition Blog was sent a lovely package of Warburton food who have recently joined up with Amanda Grant to bring you some Yummy recipes :) You can see there Hi Taste - Low Fat 2 week plan over on their Facebook page.
This is an adapted version of the Salmon and Dill bread tarts, I haven't included the Dill or used cheese to top. They were still very yummy though and approved by both my 4 year old and baby :) I didn't use a  salmon fillet either I used a tin of red salmon. So I was really quite please with how they turned out other than I had let them cook for a little longer than I should have. Read on to see how you can make these for yourself.

I made 4 to see what they were like here is what I used and how I made them.
Ingredients: little bit of oil to brush muffin tin, 2 pieces of bread 2 eggs, 3 tbsp skimmed milk, 1 tin red salmon, large handful frozen peas

Directions
  • Preheat oven to gas mark 5
  • Brush oil inside muffin tin
  • Roll out the bread slice to flatten it slightly then cute in half.
  • Line the muffin tin with the half of bread slightly dip bread in middle and it should tuck in nicely into your muffin tin with some overlapping but that's okay because you are going to put the egg mixture in.
  • Mix together the eggs and milk and season accordingly
  • Separate the salmon and peas into equal amounts amounts the bread cases
  • Top with the egg mixture (you could also sprinkle on some cheese)
  • Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden and cooked.
What do you think? Will you be giving this a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment